Environment, Science & Natural Resources
Alaska Environment, Science & Natural Resources
- Alaska Birding Hotspots
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Alaska Earthquake Information Center
- Alaska Gas Pipeline Project Office
- Alaska Native Science Commission
Alaska OCS Region
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement.
- Alaska Public Lands Information Centers
- Alaska Region - Bureau of Land Management
- Alaska Region - US. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Alaska Science Explained
Alaska Science Forum
Articles by the Alaska Geophysical Institute.
- Alaska SeaLife Center
Alaska ShoreZone Coastal Mapping
Alaskan coastline images (Ketchikan -to Kodiak). Includes biophysical data for education, research and disaster planning.
- Alaska State Parks
- Alaska Volcano Observatory
- Alaska Wildlife Notebook
- All About Glaciers
Natural resources; history and culture; social equity; environmental justice; and ANWR
Arctic Climatology and Meteorology
Arctic weather basics, weather/climate factors, Arctic weather patterns
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Butterflies and Moths of Alaska
- Center for Global Change & Arctic System Research
- Cyber Salmon
- Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council
In-depth information and a Q&A section.
- Federal Subsistence Fisheries Management
Frontier Scientists: sharing the Arctic's newest discoveries
Scientific research projects occurring in Alaska
- Geographic Information Network of Alaska (GINA)
- Geophysical Institute of the University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Great Alaska Earthquake of 1964
- National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska
- North Pacific Universities Marine Mammal Research Consortium
- Pebble Project
- Pebble Watch
- Prince William Sound Regional Citizens' Advisory Council
Science for Alaska
Free public lecture series
- Shorebird Sister Schools Program
- Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center
- The Musk Ox Farm, Palmer AK
- US Forest Service Alaska Region
- USGS Water Resources in Alaska
General Environment, Science & Natural Resources
- A Student's Guide to Global Climate Change
Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme.
- Archimedes' Laboratory
An inter-governmental forum addressing common concerns of Arctic governments and peoples.
- Arctic Science and Technology Information System
- Bering Sea Climate and Ecosystem
- Canadian Polar Commission
- CDC Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (OMSHR)
- Exploratorium: the museum of science, art and human perception
Global Volcanism Program
Worldwide volcano and eruption information.
- National Snow & Ice Data Center
- Nature: Great White Bear
NOAA Arctic Theme Page
Arctic data and information.
NOAA Ocean Explorer
Links to webpages of various current and past NOAA ocean explorations.
- NOAA Photo Library (heavily graphical)
- Re-Living the Wright Way
- Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary
- Snow Crystals
- State of the Salmon
Tide predictions from around the globe.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- University of the Arctic
USDA Plants Database
A wealth of information and some excellent pictures. Site has some searching quirks and presentation of results could be better.
- Web Elements - Periodic Table on the Web